Made It #2

~Since I pinned lots of recipes on my Pinterest boards through the years, but never made anything from the pinned items, I've set myself a goal to try one recipe per week to reduce the overload~

Last week I made the delicious Stroopwafel Cake, that was gone in less than an hour (no, not only because of me) and let you know that I would make French Onion Soup this week. Well, I did. 

I still remember the first time I ate onion soup. The name by itself didn't make me particular enthusiastic, but I was eating out with my parents while we were on vacation on Menorca and they pushed me a bit to try the soup, because they tried it before and were quite lyric about it. So I couldn't say no. Glad I didn't, because I'm a onion soup fan ever since. 

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, because after making onion soup a lots of times, I know what I like and what not, but it's a good basic recipe. 

Instead of four yellow onions, I used:
2 yellow onions
2 red onions
1 white onion
1 sweet onion
1 pink onion
3 scallions
And instead of beef broth I used vegetable broth (I'm a vegetarian).

I left the sugar out, but added a clove of garlic, a teaspoon of dried thyme and 150 ml of dry white wine. 

Oh, and very important: be lavish with the cheese!

Deliciousness all around!



~*~

For next week I would like to make Cheese Croquets. My mouth is watering just by looking at them!


~*~

The Stroopwafel Cake I baked last week was featured by The DIY Dreamer this week!


Thank you, Christine!

Comments

  1. Love onion soup but I've never tried to make my own. I'll have to give it a try sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so yummy, isn't it? I first ate onion soup many years ago in Poland and although I liked it, I never made one until this weekend! My version is with red onions but I would like to try a mixture of onions like yours :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onion soup always tastes so much better than it sounds, or usually looks. I've been trying to cook a new soup recipe once a week. Maybe I'll give your onion soup a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you gotta make do with what you have! I'd love for you to share over at a new party called Let's Party https://themarkandjanshow.com/2018/01/02/lets-party-5/... look forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm over from WW. What a great recipe. I needed a new FOS style and this one definitely works for me. Will make it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. French onion is one of my favourites, this veggie version sounds perfect for all the family, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp