Vegetarian Sushi Poke Bowl

 Yesterday I saw what seemed to be a delicious dish on a picture and I could almost taste it on my tongue. It looked like a Poke Bowl Sushi Style.Today I couldn't wait to rush to the supermarket to buy what I thought was in the recipe.I'm a vegetarian, so I had to change some of the ingredients, but that made it even better.

We just finished eating it and it was great, so I have to share it with you.





Sushi Poke Bowl

Ingredients for two persons
2 cups or rice (I used Pandan)
1 avocado
1/4 cucumber
mayonaise
wasabi
soy sauce
3 eggs
2 tbsp sugar
salt
sesame seeds

 Cook the rice as instructed on the package.

Make the tamagoyaki (sweet omelet) by mixing 3 eggs, 2 tbsp sugar with some salt and soy sauce to taste. Bake two thin omelets, roll up and cut to slices. 
Cut thin slices of the avocado, cut the cucumber in slices and the slices in quarters.

Roast the sesame seeds for a short time. 
Mix the cooked rice with wasabi, mayonaise and soy sauce to taste.

After preparing all ingredients build the bowl up. First the rice. Arrange the avocado, cucumber and omelet as you like upon the rice. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over it. 

That's it. Itadakimasu.


Comments

  1. Yum, looks and sounds delicious for a light summer meal! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. This looks really good but I have never mixed my rice with mayo so I have to think about that for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't do that before either, but turned out really good. I saw them do it in a sushi restaurant. I think it makes the soy and wasabi stand out more.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp