Smoothie Bowl

Yesterday my daughter showed me something she said she really needed to eat for breakfast the rest of her life (my daughter is a teen). I had to look at twenty or more You Tube videos, so I really understood what  she meant, but honestly, after seeing just one she had me convinced. It has fruit and it has dairy, there aren't many breakfasts that are much healthier than this.

Today we made our first smoothie bowl for breakfast (but you can eat this any time of day).

 

 

What you need

frozen fruit (I used a banana, blueberries and strawberries)

milk (I used soya)

decoration
(fruit, chocolate chips. coconut chips, oatmeal, whatever you like)

 

What to do

Fill the blender jar with the frozen fruits of your choice

Add milk until one third of the jar is filled (it's important to put in the fruit before the milk; fill the jar one third with milk first and your smoothie will be way to liquid)

Blend until the part above the knives is smooth, take of the jar and push the fruit that isn't mashed down with a fork. 

Blend again. 

Repeat until all the fruit is mashed

Put the thick smoothie in a bowl and decorate with whatever you like

Enjoy!




Comments

  1. This DOES sound like the perfect breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a delicious breakfast! And it's pretty too. :) Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting today from the Inspire Me Monday link up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new hit here, in my house. The only thing they want now for breakfast!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful colour. So appealing and delicious... Pass the bowl please!! #BloggersPitStop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoothie bowls are SO good - I ate them a ton over the summer when I could get fresh berries at the farmers market.
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I'm eating them myself every day now!

      Delete
  5. Oh that looks delicious ! So tempted to try it out for sons.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
    Much love
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds super yummy ! Thanks you for sharing at Embracing Home and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I love a good smoothie bowl and yes, they are good anytime of day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it never bores because of all the possible variations!

      Delete
  8. Smoothie bowls are always so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us at You're the Star. We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful and tasteful. I'm so happy for this delicious and healthy discovery. Thanks to my daughter :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag