Horse Shawl

Stash Buster 2

Another stashbuster: this Horse Shawl. This week my youngest has her 11th Birthday. As I told you before, she is totally into horses lately, so when I found two skeins of this grey wool in my stash I wanted to make something horsy from it, but I didn't really knew what. I looked around on Pinterest and after a blanket (too little skeins), a cushion (she already has about 100) and a stuffed animal (I already made one as a Christmas present) went through my mind, I thought about a shawl with horse embroidery on it. And that's what these two skeins became: The Horse Shawl!

 




Pattern: chain 35, then crochet sc's in every stitch, ch1 and turn

Repeat until you think your shawl is long enough (or until you're left out of yarn, like I did, as is the whole purpose of this stash buster project; don't forget to keep some yarn for the fringe)

The horse head pattern is from Kandi Patterns

Yarn: Royal Grey by Zeeman 

 

~*~

My Dish Towels were featured by Oombawka Design!

 


 

 

 

Comments

  1. Great gift for the horse lovers in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love horses. I'm always impressed by your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely shawl. Thank you for sharing your post with us at Meraki Link Party.
    Have a lovely week.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful and thoughtful gift. Thank you for joining the Bloggers Pit stop with @askdrho

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely, horses win every time. We will feature your shawl in the next Blogger's Pit Stop.
    Congratulations on being chosen.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz, This is a lovely stashbuster project. My daughter adores horses!! Thank you for sharing your project with us. Tomorrow you are being featured at our Wednesday Link Party. Here's the link to the post in case you'd like to share it: https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2021/01/angel-pockets-a-horse-shawl-and-a-new-2021-blanket-cal.html
    Wishing you the very best, Rhondda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I am a novice crocheter, so this looks so impossible to me! Thank you for sharing at EH&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! I think you can do this. It's a very simple pattern, even for beginners. Just single crochet, row after row, and then cross stitch embroidery for the horse.

      Delete
  8. That is so cute. I can remember being totally in love with horses as a child. Thanks for joining in Ginx Woolly Linx Party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Vintage Dress