Menorca Part II

Last week I told you about our trip to Menorca and the things we did see that we didn't see in all those years before. Besides Barranc d'Algendar, Cova des Coloms and the Lazareto, we've been to a little castle. Since a couple of  years I saw this road sign along the highway that pointed to a small road to the Castell de Santa Agueda and this year I wanted to see where the small country road would lead us. The castle turned out to be a ruin built by arabs during the caliphate of Cordoba. A small medieval road leads from the road up to a 250m high hill, where the remains of the castle are. 









Another magical place, where I've been before, but wanted to show to my husband and daughters was the Parque Nacional Es Grau, which is a sort of wedland. Lots of different birds live here, together with some turtle species and other small animals. 
Actually the whole island proclaimed a biosphere by Unesco, so while Es Grau is a beautiful natural area, the same can be said for the rest of the island.


 

In the visitors center you can pick up a map with three different walking routes, but the longest last less than an hour, so you can easily do all three walks on one day. The first two hikes depart from the visitors center, where you walk along the lake, the third start in the little village Es Grau and ends at the beach. The last one is the most  beautiful, I think.  





The village of Es Grau





The day  before we traveled back to The Netherlands, we didn't have really great weather, but I  wanted to see my favorite beach on the island, so in the morning we went to La Vall, to see Algaiarens and my favorite Es Bot.






Comments

  1. Beautiful Pictures. I love the vegetation. Thank you for sharing on Happiness is Homemade link party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp