Esma Escape Sweater

 One of my best discoveries this year when it comes to crochet patterns is Lakeside Loops. I like the really original ideas of the designer. After making the Neo Herringbone Bag (free pattern), which I carry around almost every day, I started almost immediately with the Esma Escape Cardigan (free pattern). 

Instead of making a cardigan I altered the pattern to a sweater. Therefore I made only the back side of the pattern, but did this times two. Then I attached shoulders and sides to each other, to form arm holes and neck. After that I crocheted rib trims at the bottom, neck and sleeves. In the bottom rim I decreased in the first row by crocheting each second and third stitch together.

The sweater is mega wide and that was exactly what I wanted. 

 


 

 

 It took me weeks to finish the sweater, but I really love the result. I started over at least 25 times, and that's not an  exaggeration at all. The counting of the pattern wasn't difficult, but Netflixing and crocheting at the same just doesn't work out too well.



Pattern: inspired by the Esma Escape Cardigan by Lakeside Loops (free pattern and video tutorial)

Yarn: Paris Dark Grey (uni color 24) by DROPS 

  

~*~


The Plague Doctor that I made for Halloween was featured by My Bijou Life!

 


Comments

  1. This looks great #,anythinggoes@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's a little airy. Great for summer, but a bit too cold for this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this same look for a shrug that pairs well over a long-sleeve top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I hope you will show us the result after you have made one!

      Delete
  4. This is very pretty and great for fall in the south where you would like a layer without too much warmth!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I will feature this in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag