Gertie's Sew Along Dress

Do you know Gretchen Hirsch? She is a internation sewing starlet, as her blog says. She has written several books about vintage sewing, with lots of tips and trick in it about sewing and about adjusting patterns for a perfect fit. About a month ago she started a sew along. I didn't sew anything for a long time, but after reading about this sew along, I suddenly had some appetite to get my sewing machine from underneath the dust and sew along. This weekend I finished the dress and I'm quite happy about it. There are some improvements that I need to remember for the next dress I will be making, but overall I'm quite content. 



Want to make your own? Sew along, too!

Gertie's Dress Sew Along

~*~

My French Knitted Flamingo as well as my Market Bag were featured by Creative Jewish Mom this week!



Thank you very much, Sara!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful dress! I love the vintage styling. I had not heard of Gretchen, but I'm excited to have a look at her blog. Thank you so much for sharing this pretty project with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope to see you again this week. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job on this dress!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp