Easter Egg


I thought this long, long winter would never end, but finally there are signs of spring around the house! Snowdrops and purple hyacinths everywhere!

With Easter coming closer now, I made this egg of styrofoam, little pins and green and yellow spangles and beads.


On request of a reader here is the tutorial but unfortunately it's without pictures to illustrate. Sorry about that, but it's quite a lot of work to attach all the beads and spangles to the egg one by one. I don't feel like making another one right now ('cause new, fresh projects are calling me, haha). It's very easy to make the eggs though and you don't really need pictures.

What you need:
* styrofoam egg
*acrylic paint (I used yellow)
*spangles (I used stars, flowers and little circles)
* little beads (I used green ones)
*little pins 
All the materials you need are available in craft stores.

First you paint the egg and let it dry for a couple of hours. After that you attach beads and spangles in a pattern you like with the pins. I hadn't a pattern in mind, just did what came up in my head. I started with a circle and worked around it.
Cover the whole egg, except the bottom, because that will make the egg stand upright.

Good luck!


~*~

Linked to: 
Apart from the parties I usually link up to:
C.R.A.F.T. (Making Monday Marvelous) 
The Girl Creative (Just Something I Whipped Up) 
Nifty Thrifty Things (Nifty Thrifty Sundays) 
Blue Bird Sews (Eat, Grow, Sew) 
Embellish Life (Craft Catwalk) 
Petite Hermine (Sunday Linky Party) 
I Heart Nap Time (Sunday Scoop Link Party)
The Shabby Creek Cottage (Transformation Thursday)
House of the Hepworths (Hook Up with HoH)
Beyond the Picket Fence (Under 100 Party)
Momnivore's Dillema (Creative Juice)
Thrifty 101 (DIY Thrifty Thursday)
Yesterday on Tuesday (Crafty Soiree)
Kissed by a Frog (Frog Blog Love)
Making the World Cuter (Making the World Cuter Monday)
Mad in Crafts (Mad Skills Link Party)
The Trendy Treehouse (Create and Share)
It's a Hodgepodge Life (It's a Hodgepodge Friday)
Chic on a Shoestring (Flaunt it Friday)
Simply Sweet Home (Friday Favorites)
Creation Corner (Friday Link Party)
Simply Designing (Simply Link)
Joyful Stamper (Inspire Me Fridays)
Craftionary (Friday Fun Party)

Comments

  1. Wow, these look really amazing. I would love to see a close up to check out the detail. A tutorial would be great too so I can make one. Ha Ha. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen! Just add a tutorial, though without pictures (sorry, to cover the egg with beads and spangles is a whole lot of work and I don't have time to make another one; other projects are calling me, haha...).
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. Love the colors you chose for your egg. It sure looks like a lot of work! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a detailed little egg, how pretty! Thanks for sharing at Eat, Grow, Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is so beautiful!
    This would definitely require a lot of patience, would make a lovely Easter gift!!
    Thank you for sharing, I found you on a linky :)

    Http://tumblestonehandmakery.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! I took patience indeed, but it was worth it :-).

      I took a look at your blog and love the things you make!

      Liz

      Delete
  6. Wow, these are wonderful! I just love the colors and the details. I just recently made my own version of Faberge Eggs. I would love for you to come over and check them out. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      Thank you! I took a look at your blog and really love your eggs, too. Very beautiful and detailed!
      Liz

      Delete
  7. Wonderful eggs! Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays this Easter.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word WOW.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp