Gunny Sack for Toys

Tutorial

What you need:
Piece of burlap 100cmx140cm
Piece of cotton fabric 100cmx140cm
Iron on letters

* First draw four equal pieces with a width of 35cm on the cotton, like this:


* Mark each piece at 17 ½ cm from the upper corners, like I did in the picture below, and draw lines from mark to mark:


* Cut along the lines, so that you have four pieces of fabric that look like this:


* Do the same with the burlap.
 You should have four pieces of each now (four burlap, four cotton):



* Now pin two of the diagonal sides on each other, good side on good side of the fabric, about 1cm from the edge, and sew. Fold open. It now should like this: 


* Do the same with the other diagonal sides, until all sides are connected. It should now look like a cross:


Do this also with the burlap.

* Now pin and sew all the long sides of the burlap, so the fabric forms a sack:


Same for the cotton.

* Turn the cotton inside out, so that the good side of the fabric is on the inside of the sack. The burlap should have the good side on the outside.

Now is the time to iron on the letters on one side of the cotton sack. Be careful to iron on the letters in such a way that if the edge of the cotton sack is turned to the outside the letters are not upside down.

Put the cotton sack in the burlap sack and sew the upper edges together, so the cotton sack stays put to the burlap sack.

Fold the edges of both sacks together to the outside, in such way that you can see the iron on letters.



That’s it! Good luck! 


~*~
This week two of my projects have been featured!!


My Flower Dress is featured by both Crafty Cousins and Just Between Friends. Thank you so much for the great honor, Carrie and Jonie!



My Play Mat Tutorial is featured by Threading My Way! Thanks, Pam!



Comments

  1. What a neat way to do the bottom of the bag!!! Thanks for sharing how you did it. The two contrasting fabrics look great together, as does the lettering. Now to get the kids to use....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! I saw you made something similar with jeans fabric. Love that, too! Great way to use old jeans. Liz

      Delete
  2. Super cute!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial and I hope you have a great night!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! Wow would I like to have about 100 of these adorable toy sacks. :o)
    - Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a bag just like this at Homegoods and I almost bought it! Thanks for showing us a cheaper way to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know what Homegoods is (I live in the Netherlands), but I'm glad I could show you a cheaper way, haha! Liz

      Delete
  6. Never was involved in crafting. I do enjoy seeing what others can do. This is a very nice bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really cute -- thanks for sharing !!!

    i'm visiting from rednesday - i'll stop in again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and tutorial. I think I may even try it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I would love to see the result once you're finished! Liz

      Delete
  9. Thanks for inviting me! I just linked up to your party! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up with me on Wow Us Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you on Show and Tell Saturday. What a great idea. I need at least one of these. My four year old's toys seem to be growing daily and I have nowhere to stash them. Thanks for the easy tutorial. Please stop by and say hello sometime. http://bitsypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Tuesday Confessional. You've been featured so stop by and grab a brag button! I've also pinned your post to my Tuesday Confessional Feature board in Pinterest. Congrats and I hope to see you again at this week's party!
    http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2012/06/tuesday-confessional-features-tons-of.html
    http://pinterest.com/pin/1055599883168343/
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very nice comment and for featuring me!! See you at your next party! Liz

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much for linking this great tutorial up on Naptime Delights. Goodness knows I need like 100. I hope you'll stop by today to link up again!

    http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-4.html
    Thanks so much!
    Sarah
    {http://naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Just linked up my projects for this week! Liz

      Delete
  14. Great toys sack!! I love burlap and orange together they are perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp