Dublin, Ireland

Last spring I went to my friend, who's living in Menorca (you can read about/see pictures of my trips to Menorca here, here and here) and stayed at her house for a couple of days. One of the things we love doing together is singing along with Dolly Parton and Patsy Cline. We sing along with practically everything, but Dolly and Patsy are our favorites. In the end I asked her if she knew a band called Dr Hook. I'm raised up with this music, because my dad's a fan.

I played some of my favorite Dr Hook songs on You Tube for her and my friend was immediately hooked (yes, I know, I had to be a stand up comedian...).
'We must go to a concert', she insisted. I told her the band members would be a bit older now, as in around eighty years, and they probably wouldn't perform anymore, blah, blah, but she wouldn't hear it. 

Much to my suprise: Dennis Locorriere, one of the lead singers, has formed a new band that learned to play all the Dr Hook songs with the same Dr  Hook sound and they just started a tour in Ireland and the UK. Wow. 

We chose Dublin and asked my dad to come with us, as the real Dr Hook connoisseur. So, we booked a hotel, concert tickets and flight tickets and six months later we were heading of to Ireland. Due to lack of days off, I could only stay one night, but here are some pictures.  


Coastline with dunes of The Netherlands, just after take off. So beautiful.



The Spire of Dublin in O'Connell Street; we looked up and it just didn't seem to end




Temple Bar District. 



The stage in the Olympia Theatre before the show was started.
And boy, did we sing along, the three of us. 


Trinity College




As an old books and library lover, one thing I really wanted to go to while in Dublin, was the Trinity College Library aka The Long Room



Ha'penny Bridgde



And because it's almost Christmas, I made this picture of a Christmas themed candy store at Dublin Airport for my daughters

Conclusion: have to go back. But longer.

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to visit Ireland; that library looks amazing (and intimidating!). Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have been to Ireland twice, once in 2013, then in 2015, and we're going again next Fall. We love it. Both times we spent a few days in Dublin, then hit the road without much of a plan. It's easy to do that in Ireland. It's so beautiful and the people are very friendly. Can't wait to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun trip! I would love to see Ireland, and now I can add that library to the list of places that I must visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been longing to see Ireland and hope to visit next year. Nice to view your pictures. Marvellous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son went to medical school in Cork, Ireland. We were fortunate to be able to visit each year. Love the city, the people, the country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks and sounds like you had fun!! I'm glad you were able to go to Dublin, and I hope you can return for a longer visit too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp