Frida Kahlo Perler Beads

Last weekend I was in Menorca to celebrate my friend's birthday. To and fro in four days. I was with two other Dutch friends of her and we arrived Thursday evening and went back Sunday morning. A flash visit. But in that little time I managed to read out the book The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, one of my favorite authors. The book tells about Frida Kahlo and that happens to be my favorite painter. Such a colorful lady with a great style and a strong personality, who made beautiful art


.A while ago I found this Perler Beads pattern of Frida Kahlo. I didn't use Perler Beads for a while, so I really felt like making this portrait just after reading The Lacuna. 

~*~



Thank you, Sara!

My Cat Mochila was featured by Ginx Craft!


Thank you!


Comments

  1. This is fabulous! I recognised Frida immediately just from a thumbnail.
    #BFF Open House Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. I love Frida.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this SO much!!! Def going to be maki g this! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her, and I love your bead version. Here in the UK we call them Hama beads, I've no idea why the name is different!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp