French Knitted Names

One of my favorite things to do when I was a little girl was French knitting, but the only things I ever made of it were small rugs. There wasn't much more to find than rugs in the small world of children's crafts books. But a while ago I saw French knitted names and I think this looks so much better than rugs! I did something with wire and French knitting before, but didn't think about making names for a second. I love this idea! Perfect for a little baby present for example!


  
~*~

Both my Dragonfly Shirt and the Mango Ice Pops were featured by Creative Jewish Mom!




Thanks, Sara!

Comments

  1. I love this idea! I also like having my kids do French knitting, but then I don't really know what to do with it all, and this is a fantastic idea! Pinning! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I never thought to add wire to them or to keep the letters all joined together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. Such a perfect baby gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do French knitting when I was a child on a device called knitting Nancy, I never thought of making names, I don't think that I actually really made anything rather than a long snake #insparationspotlight@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I was also a maker of numerous small rugs as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing these French Knitted Names with us at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea, they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp