Trio Blanket

We are on vacation! In our own country (The Netherlands), no less, but since we have lots of beautiful, beautiful places here, it's no punishment at all. We are renting a log cabin near National Park De Hoge Veluwe, a place were we've been a couple of times before. The last few years we went to the Mediterranean in spring instead of summer, because it's just too hot in July and August and it's getting hotter and hotter every year. The summer we save for vacations in our own country.

Anyway, after months of working at the ICU's, and after that months of hard work at my own department (operation theater) to get waiting lists for patients that needed surgery a bit shorter, I finally have a couple of weeks off. Time to do some serious crocheting, so I finally finished this throw that I started to work on last fall. The project was quite boring, doing the same small stitch row after row, so I've put it away from time to time. Most annoying of all was the yarns, three different balls, tangling every now and then. Untangling took quite some time. 

But after deciding it had to be finished this vacation I revved my inner engine up and crocheted away. And... it's done!

Pattern: Trio Blanket by Felted Button

Yarn: Liquorice YumYum WhirlSea Breeze Tease Whirl and Petrol Please Me Whirl by Scheepjes 

 

  ~*~

 The Wrap Skirts that I made for my daughter were featured by Interior Frugalista, Artsy Fartsy Mama, My Bijou Life and Sew Can Do!

The Crocheted Scrunches (free pattern) were featured by Threading My Way this week!

 

 


Comments

  1. Unfortunately I don't know how to croquet otherwise, I would make one of these #anythinggoes@_karendennis2337

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blanket, thank you for the link I will put this on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and productive. Glad you are taking time to travel. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blanket! We're waiting for our Operating Rooms to work through a whole bag log of operations too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope this will end soon (though I'm afraid it will not).

      Thank you for your nice comment!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your service during this very difficult time. Your blanket is beautiful. I love the colours and the pattern. It looks more difficult than anything I should try with my limited knowledge about crochet. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is lovely, those colours looks so beautiful together. No holidays for us this year either, just a few local days out. I don't think it's wise to go travelling too much this year at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And hopefully things will be better next year, so we can travel again. Although I have to say I had great holiday in my own country ( I live in The Netherlands).

      Delete
  7. That blanket is super cute. Love the colors. Thank you for linking up over at Farmhouse Friday! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Air Mail