Made It! #34

~ I love Pinterest and would like to make a recipe of my boards every week. Since I have lots of recipes pinned (that, until now, I just pinned and only that), I hope this will be a way to reduce the amount of pins on my boards

For this week I had the most delicious recipe in mind. At least that's what I though. But to be honest I didn't check the ingredients before I told you the Raspberry Almond Cake was what I wanted to make. So when I looked at the list of needs and saw that a lot of the ingredients wasn't in my pantry, because I simply don't use ingredients like coconut flower, coconut sugar, tapioca starch etc, I decided to try to make the cake with the ingredients I initially thought would be used, the ingredients I use when I make a Spanish Orange Almond Cake.

What I used: 
5 eggs
200 grams almond meal
200 grams caster sugar
tea spoon baking powder
200 grams raspberries
shaved almonds

What I did:
Cooked the raspberries until soft
Whisked together the meal, sugar and baking powder
Beat the eggs until fluffy
Poured the raspberries and meal into the eggs and mix 
Baked for one hour in a 170C preheated oven
Roasted the shaved almonds
Garnished the cake with the almonds and some raspberries 

And you know what? The cake was fabulous! 


~*~

What I'm looking forward to the most when fall's approaching, is homemade Speculaas. It's an authentic Dutch treat, a cookie made with lots of spices, that give the cookies a deep, rich flavour. This recipe wasn't on my Pinterest Boards, because I've made speculaas so often that I know by heart how to make it, but I just wanted to share this heavenly winter treat with you. 



You see a lot of spices in this recipe. Fortunately we have an instant spicemix in the Netherlands, called speculaaskruiden, which makes this recipe a lot easier. 

~*~

The Pumpkin Smoothie I made last week was featured by My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies and by The Stitchin' Mommy!



Thanks, Laurie and thanks, Amy&Rhondda!


Comments

  1. Sometimes you just have to roll with it while in the kitchen, this cake looks delish! I would love you to share it with Smell Good Sunday https://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2017/09/smell-good-sunday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, look at you, making up cake recipes! I love raspberries so your recipe sounds delicious to me. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is exactly how new recipes are created! Love that cookie rolling pin. Your Dutch cookies sound yummy too! Thanks for partying with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp