Made It #28

This week I tried the Date Nut Bread. It was good, delicious even, but not the sort of thing that I will make as a regular snack to take to school. Too sweet. More something I would serve with coffee.


 ~*~

Fall is coming and although I like cooking and baking in general, Fall recipes are my favorite. In Fall I spend many hours in the kitchen. This week I found a recipe for Classic Dutch Apple Cake. You can eat apple cake the whole year through, of course, but when I was young the apples from the orchard around our house were gathered around this time and we ate lots of dishes, cakes, desserts with apples in it. In my mind Apple Cake will forever be associated with Fall. 


Comments

  1. Yummy! That date nut bread looks like a delicious snack to go with a good cup of coffee. And apple pie is probably my favorite pie. Would love to have this with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag