Heart Cake

Weeks, even months, ago I saw what's called a lettercake on the internet and I wanted to make it myself ever since.  Today was the day and here it is!

The original cake is made of cookie dough, but I guess cookie dough will easily break when cut, I chose to make the cake of biscuit mix.

 
What you need for the cake:
360 grams flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
150 grams of butter
60 ml vegetable oil
30 grams of vanilla sugar
170 grams of sugar
4 eggs
160 grams of fat yoghurt
80 ml milk

Mix all dry ingredients. In another bowl mix butter, oil and sugar until smooth. Then add 1 egg and mix in before adding the next egg. When smooth mix in yoghurt and milk. Then add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt mix) and mix until smooth.

Smear the batter out over a flat baking tin. Bake for about fifteen minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.Then cut the letter or form you want out of the cake twice.

What you need for the filling:
400 gram of mascarpone
30 grams vanilla sugar
100 grams powder sugar
400 ml heavy cream 

Mix mascarpone with both sugar. Then add heavy cream and mix until peaks form. 

 
Take one of both cakes you made and make puffs of mascarpone cream on it. Then carefully pick up the other cake and place it over the puffs. Make puffs in a nice pattern on the upper cake and decorate with whatever you like. I used strawberries, raspberries, (real) roses, macarons and silver pearls. 



For instructions I used this video


~*~

My post about our stay in Ruurlo, The Netherlands, was featured by April J Harris!


 Thank you very much, April!

Comments

  1. This is so pretty! I love the addition of the macaroons and the rosebuds. I hope everyone enjoyed it :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this cake looks and sounds so good. Thank you for sharing at Dare to Share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cake! I made one myself and loved doing it. So many ways you can change it up to fit your tastes or the holidays. I'm making this a feature at this week's Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party! Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cake, it looks so fancy. It would be perfect for a special occation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Air Mail