It's Fall!

This weekend, while the rain was falling hard and the wind was blowing fast, I made this drawing on my kitchen door. After four months of ongoing summer I was so looking forward to Fall, that I'm really early this year with my decorations and Fall recipes. Normally I wait until October. 


 September is my favorite month of the year: you can smell Fall in the air a little, but there are still a lot of beautiful, sunny days. A sort of extended summer actually. But I've had enough summer, so Fall begins now in my house. 

~*~

My favorite Fall recipe is the one for speculaas. I think I've shared this recipe here many times before, but I of course I grant you this delicous cookie also because that's how I am, so here we go again.

  
What you need:
 300 grams flour
175 grams butter
150 grams brown sugar
4 table spoons speculaaskruiden (a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, pepper and cloves)  
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 table spoons cold water

What you do:
Preheat oven at 170 degrees Celsius
Mix all ingredients together until you have a ball of dough. 
Cool in the fridge for half an hour
Roll flat on a baking tin with a rolling pin
Bake for 35 minutes
Cut in pieces immediately after baking or break in pieces later

~*~

Did you know it was International Rabbit Day last week? Great opportunity to show you my good friend Haasje (Dutch for Little Hare), our incredible good, sweet and handsome Flemish Giant, eating a twig of my raspberry bush.




Comments

  1. I love the drawing and the recipe in the pan is so easy. Thx .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rabbit is so cute!! I love Speculaas cookies and yours look delicious, Liz. Thank you for sharing, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope to see you again this week. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawing is wonderful! You are truly talented. The recipe sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Air Mail