For the last years I always made decorated cakes for desert, but this year my eyes fell on a delicious looking trifle, so I thought 'Why not try something else this year'. I altered the ingredients a bit to my own likes and this is the recipe that came out: What you need box of cake mix (plus named ingredients on the box; usually eggs and butter) 2 oranges (zest and juice) 250 grams cranberries 400 grams sugar 250cc whipped cream 250cc mascarpone vanilla essence What to do Make the cakemix as instructed on the box Add the zest of one orange to the batter Bake the cake according to instructions on the box Let cool off Squeeze the juice out of both oranges, put into a pan Add cranberries, zest of the other orange and 400 grams sugar Cook until cranberries are all popped, while stirring every now and then Let cool off Whip the cream until stiff and mix with the mascarpone Cut the cake into squares of 3x3cm Make layers, starting with the cake squares, then the cranberry mix, than ...
How sweet! Love cats!thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com
Thanks again, Ana! So nice you always visit my blog and give such sweet comments!
Deleteaww, so cute. love anything cats.
ReplyDeleteThanks, me too :-)!
DeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteI have a huge fondness for black kitties :-)
Black cats are the best!
DeleteAw, that's a great piece:@)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Barbara!
Deletereally cute and inspires me too. thank you.
ReplyDeleteI looove it! Looks like my 2 boys, CJ and Chuckles aka Kitty Soft Paws. Both are black kitties.
ReplyDeleteI love the black ones!
Deleteso cute!
ReplyDeleteTime does help in these situations. At least, you have your memories plus this needle work to cherish.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have great memories of my dear friend!
DeleteI couldn't readily find a post to know what happened .. but I guess you've lost a kitty friend? We recently had to put our old kitty baby down - and she's missed. It hurts ... doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteThat's a sweet needlework. And as LV says, something to cherish and time really does help - just really takes time sometimes.
Take care,
Happy Pink Saturday
Jenn
Yes, I lost him a year ago, but still miss him, my dear little friend! Thanks for your sweet words.
DeleteSo cute!! I also still miss our cat, cats bring such joy and they're so funny.
ReplyDeleteEsther.
Dank je, Esther. Katten zijn te gek! Kan me een leven zonder katten ook gewoon niet voorstellen :-) !
DeleteLiz
Thanks a lot taking one of my charts to realize it even if it is for a sad occasion. I am sorry for you. Wish you a nice week-end! Mamou
ReplyDeleteYour welcome! Thank you for sharing your cross stitch pattern. Just what I needed!
DeleteGreat week for you, too! Liz
So precious! Kitties are part of the family aren't they? Happy Sunday from the enchanted oven.
ReplyDeletexo,
Lisa
Yes, they are! Some cats are real personalities. Not all of them, some are just cats, but every once in a while you meet a cat that's a real personality...
Deletecute kitty stitches :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Allison!
Deleteso precious!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Christina!
DeleteThanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.
ReplyDeleteCute cat!Well done!
ReplyDeleteYes, cute he was for sure :-) !
DeleteWhat a fun little piece! It's very sweet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!
Thanks, Heather!
DeleteVery sweet.
ReplyDeleteWonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
Kitties can be so sweet. Thanks for bringing this to the Oldie's party! Hope to see you back there next week.
ReplyDeleteKitties are the best :-)! Thanks for visiting! Liz
DeleteThanks again for sharing another awesome project!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Susie @bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/02/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-3/