Filled Chocolate Heart

 This weekend I will go for a weekend trip with my husband and daughters to the other side of the country (I live in The Netherlands and 'the other side of the country' is not even 200km away) and because it will be Valentine's Day this monday I made this chocolate hearts for my daughters. 

I made the hearts by pouring melted chocolate in a mold, turning the mould until the chocolate was evenly divided over all sides. Then I put the heart in the fridgde and repeated the proces a couple of times after the chocolate was hardened, especially along the edges. 

When the layer of chocolate was thick enough, I peeled the mould from the chocolate and cut away the surplus along the edges. 



First I filled the heart with red and pink jelly beans and fixated a piece of cardboard wrapped in celophane to the heart by adding some molten chocolate on the edges of the heart, so it would stick to the celophane. After that I decorated the chocolate heart with sprinkles and little paper hearts.

To break the chocolate I added lollypops that can be used as a little hammer. 
Under the cardboard I've hidden two little presents (a face mask and a check to spend in a crystal store, because nowadays all teens seem to love crystals).



Comments

  1. How cute. I've seen a few filled Chocolate Hearts and it just looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they are going to love this! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely trip.
    What lovely gifts. They are so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my chocolate loving heart! Yum! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift, I love the lollypop hammer idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and delicious idea for a Valentine. Thanks for sharing the idea. Hope you all enjoyed the holiday. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us on Crafty Creators!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helpful info here. Please stay us updated like this. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that was unusual. Just wanted to say wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank goodness I found it. You’ve made my day! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make so many great points here. Thankjob for this fantastic post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good. Hope for some more informative posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Vintage Dress