Fall

We had real good weather the month of september, which made up for the really worse month of august, that was full of wind and rain, more wind and rain and even more wind and rain. The weather was so good actually that I could have my Ibiza Style series totally appropriate (Ibiza being an island in the Mediterranean Sea, that people go to mostly in the summer, when the weather is warm).


Fall still hasn't come here yet. At the end of summer I'm looking forward to baking speculaas and pumpkin cakes, to light up the candles, to going back to living inside, but at the end of october it's still around 20 degrees Celsius here. So, I have to create my own fall for now, I guess.

Today I bought ball chrysantemums and pumpkins for the garden.


Drew some leaves and pumpkins on the windows with chalk paint, as you can see in the back of the picture.



Bought some dried hydragaea, too. 



I took out my crocheted Cat Pumpkin, that I made a couple of years ago. Just in time for Halloween.


www.betweennapsontheporch.net


Drew some pumpkins on the blackboard on my kitchendoor as well.

Only thing to wait for now is fall itself...


Comments

  1. I love your crochet pumpkin. My daughter started crocheting, I need to get on her to make me one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some amazing weather here too, but Mother Nature is desperately trying to snow today so I guess it's time to accept the fact the Fall is here and winter is on it's way :( Thanks so much for linking up at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hand drawing skills are so impressive. Mine look like the drawings of a child most of the time. Thanks for linking up with the Merry Monday Linky Party. Hope you can make it again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such awesome decorations! I love the crocheted pumpkin, what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun touches for fall! I love the pumpkins, lantern, and mums together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great ideas, love the pumpkin, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our fall is just starting to set in with warm days and cool nights. Love all your fall decor and plants. Thanks for sharing at the party! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp