Clogs Make Over

About three years ago I bought me some beautiful clogs in a soft pink. Not only the color was soft, but the leather was even softer. So soft actually, that after wearing the clogs for just one hour, the leather teared apart and the clogs became unwearable. Don't you LOVE it, when such happens?
I bought the clogs in a town far away from my own home town, so going back to get my money back I didn't consider an option. And I already tossed the receipt in the bin anyway. 

Unwearable or not, I couldn't throw the clogs away after wearing them for such a short time, so they were in my closet for years. I totally forgot about them, until I was searching for the mosquito net to make a Petticoat from for my daughter. I stumbled across the clogs and suddenly I knew what to do with them. 

I forgot to make a before picture, but maybe you can imagine what the clogs looked like before the make over.


I cut off the leather with a very sharp skin knife I took home from my work (OR-nurse), so I could use the leather as a template for the fabric and interface. 
I finished off the fabric with bias band and attached it to the wooden shoe sole with little nails.

In the heel I hammered an eye through both sides for a string and to hide the eye I embellished it with a little red rose. 
Personally I love the result! Indeed, I think the clogs even look better now than when I bought them!

Great thing is: we still have beautiful weather, so although it's the beginning of october I can still wear them!

Comments

  1. What a great idea! Your shoes look lovely, with the little rose on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your 'new' shoes. I would've kept them in my closet for years too, but I'm not sure I would've figured out how to remake them. Great job!
    I'm so glad you shared your post at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! So creative. I definitely wouldn't have thought to do this! Pinning!
    -Michelle @TheGraciousWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like the black and white! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look! I'd love it if you shared this on Worthwhile Wednesdays! http://www.craftyallieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. PINNED. Thanks for showing how!! Linda Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome re-purpose! Thanks for sharing @DearCreatives party! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp