Refurnishing

For some reason in The Netherlands there's not just one day of Easter, but two. The second day, a lot of families go shopping (but mostly looking) for funiture, for especially furniture malls are open. Normally I try to avoid these crowds and stay inside, but we needed a new coffee table and thought that it would be relatively quiet if we went before all brunches and lunches (another tradition here for lots of families) were finished. Luckily we were right about that, so before we left we not only had a table but had lunch in the same mall, too.
And while we were carrying our table to the car, hoards of shoppers came towards us. Just in time.


 From a cushion of our old couch and a piece of cloth I made a small bench to fit with the new table. You can lift the cushion and store stuff underneath (like games and toys of my daughters, that would lie around the living room otherwise). Just a new table and a new little bench and your whole living room looks completely different. 

 www.betweennapsontheporch.net

~*~

My Ibiza Style Beach Bag was featured by Pattern Paradise and by Across the Boulevard!


Thanks, Linky Ladies!!!

Comments

  1. Sounds great that you avoided the crowd; I don't like that either. I can't concentrate when there's too much noise and movement around me. Not to mention my impatience!
    This bench looks fabulous, well done! Enjoy your 'new' living room!
    Have a nice day,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like going shopping on those days either, but sometimes you get good deals! So you did great in timing it right! How nice that you can store stuff inside the little bench, I always need storage as well! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bench and I really like the fabric you used on top. And it's practical too! Win-win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great you can use it for different purposes, I also try to make things my girls can place their stuff in but it's hidden at the same time.

    I would love to invite you to share this with us at our new Sweet Inspiration Party which is live every Friday, http://sweethings.net/sweet-inspiration-link-party1/

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that black and white diamond print fabric. Thank you for linking with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Your bench looks beautiful and so useful too. We have four days of Easter in the UK - Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. It's one of my favourite holidays. Thank you so much for being a part of our Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the clean look of your bench. Thanks for sharing your post with Creatively Crafty Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever to make a bench to match your new table. Glad you were able to share with us at Creatively Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your project turned out. Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Shared.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp