Fisherman's Lamp

This year we stayed in our own country to celebrate vacation once again, due to covid. We booked a couple of vacation houses in different places and went from one to another each week. 

After two weeks in a vacation I always long to go home, because of all the ideas I come along while visiting other places. Sounds familiar, or is this just me? This year I saw fisherman's lamps at various places and after the first time I already knew I wanted to make one. 

We came back a couple of days ago and I couldn't wait to start. Lots of laundry had to be done, but between loading my washing machine and folding wash after drying, I started with my lamp. Today I finished it! Very happy with the result!

For now it will stay on the porch, because it gives it a summery vibe and it still is summer, isn't it? But in a couple of weeks I will start to decorate the porch for fall and then I will move the lamp to our bedroom. The bedroom is totally white, it will fit in perfectly.





Pattern: made up myself while crocheting

Yarn: Paris White by DROPS

 

~*~

The celebration of Bertie's birthday was featured by Creative Jewish Mom, Annemaries Haakblog, A Labour of Life and Sew Can Do!


My Grass and Wheat Wreath was also featured by Creative Jewish Mom, To Grandma's House We Go, The Answer is Chocolate and Funky Junk Interiors!



Comments

  1. Such a pretty and unique lamp! It looks really large too. Wow, it took you no time to make it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this crochet lamp! Just wondering: what did you crochet around to make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought rings in different sizes. They're available in craft stores.

      Delete
  3. Very creative. I have never heard of a fisherman's lamp but you certainly did a great job on it. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've got me interested in fisherman's lamps! Do you think Elpelut originated it? There was a Japanese American sculptor Ruth Asawa who made amazing knit wire sculptures that are similar in form, look her up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had to look up Elpelut, haha. I don't think Elpelut originated them, because friends of my parents had lamps like these in their house when I was young , but maybe Elpelut revived them. I saw the lamps hanging in two different yarn store shopping windows, though without mention of the designer.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Traffic Jam Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz :) this Fisherman's Lamp is so unique! I love how your finished project looks. Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday Party #415 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature: https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2021/09/fishermans-lamp-round-drawstring-bag-ear-pods-holder-link-party-415.html Have a lovely week, Rhondda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to have a pattern for the lamp?? It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu TB gostaria. E lindo! Como faço para adquirir o padrão . Sou do Brasil e me chamo Fernanda.

      Delete
  8. It is beautiful! Any chance for a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Também tenho interesse! Como podemos adquirir? Me chamo Fernanda e sou do Brasil.

      Delete
  9. What a cool lamp. Thanks for joining in Ginx Woolly Linx party

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful! Any chance for a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finns mönstret att tillgå?

    ReplyDelete
  12. É maravilhoso! Tem a receita disponível?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was delighted to read this, very much useful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HELLO, THANKS FOR YOUR POST, HAVE A GREAT AND WONDERFUL DAY TO EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THIS IS A GREAT ARTICLE AND I AM VERY INTERESTING TO READ THIS, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I REALLY JUST WANT TO READ THIS KIND OF POST BECAUSE THIS KIND POST IS VERY HELPFUL TO EVERYONE JUST LIKE ME.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag