Oversized Cropped Sweater

Now that it is getting cooler my daughter said goodbye to the crop tops and welcomed the crop sweater. Maybe you remember the My Precious Sweater that I made for her. The color lilac still is her favorite so I bought a new batch, but instead of a crochet pattern I made up a pattern myself, not for the crochet hook, but for knitting needles.

 



 

 Yarn: Stonewashed Lilac Quartz by Scheepjes

Pattern: made up myself

Needles: 3,5mm

Size: the size is easily to adjust by casting on more (or less if you want a smaller sweater) stitches at the boards of front and back side and the sleeves. After knitting the boards, you can just follow the pattern as it goes. The number of stitches that I put in parentheses will be different then of course.

 

Pattern

Front and back side

Cast on 100 stitches

First 12 rows: rib stitch (100)

Continue in stockinette stitch

Row 1: increase in the first stitch and every forth stitch (125)

Row 2: purl in every stitch

Row 3: increase in the first stitch and every fifth stitch (150)

Remaining rows: alternate knit and purl until you think the back site is long enough. 

Do the same for the front site. 

 

Sleeves

Cast on 40 stitches.

First 12 rows rib stitch

Continue in stockinette stitch

Row 13: increase in every second stitch

Row 14: Purl in every stitch

Remaining rows: alternate knit and purl until you think the sleeve is long enough. Increase every sixth row in the first and last stitch

Make another sleeve


Assembling

Assemble the sweater by sewing both shoulder parts from the back and front side together (try if you still can put your head through the opening you create).

Fold the sweater open and attach one of the sleeves to the sides of the sweater. The middle of the upper side of the sleeve should be where the seam of the front and back side come together. 

Do the same on the other side

Fold front and back side together, but turned inside out (wrong sides of the sweater should be on the outside)

Close the side and sleeve of the sweater by sewing the front/back side and sleeves sides together. Do the same on the other side.

That's it! Happy wearing!


~*~

My DIY Lace Up Ballet Flats were featured by The Answer is Chocolate!

 


My Ghost Doily was featured by Creative Jewish Mom, Sew Can Do and Artsy Fartsy Mama!

 


Comments

  1. Great stuff. I've never been too good at knitting or crochet but it's amazing what you can create. Thanks for sharing this at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer crocheting, but every now and then I knit something. Now I'll be done knitting for a couple of months again, I think. Thank you for your nice compliment!

      Delete
  2. She will be nice and cozy: I really like the color chosen. Very pretty!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and done just in time for the cooler weather! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The next one is already on the needles. Same pattern, but other color.

      Delete
  4. You are so talented, Liz! How did I miss the ghost doily? I love it! But I’ll be featuring your knitted sweater this week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Air Mail