Christmas Scrunchies (free pattern)

 Of all the things I made this year, Crocheted Scrunchies were the biggest hit. My daughter wears them all the time, in her hair and/or on her arm, so I thought Christmas Scrunchies would be nice, too.

 I'm happy to say my duaghter thinks this Christmas variety 'is just as great as the regular, no mom, even better'! 

My daughter is thirteen now, so I'm wondering if it will last very much longer, that enthusiasm over mom made things, but I hope it does, because I really enjoy making things for my daughters.


 


How I made them:

Round 1: 40 dc around a regular hair elastic, close with a slip stitch in the first sc (40)
Change color

Round 2: chain 2 (counts as the first dc), 2 dc in the same stitch, 3 dc in every sc of the previous round, close with a slip stitch in the chain stitch (120)
Change color

Round 3: chain 2 (counts as the first dc), 1 dc in the same stitch, 2 dc in every dc of the previous round,close with a slip stitch in the chain stitch (240)
Change color

Round 4: chain 2 (counts as the first dc), 1 dc in every dc of the previous round, close with a slip stitch in the chain stitch (240)

That's it!

 

Pattern: Crocheted Scrunchies by me

Yarn: red, green and white  by Katia 

 

~*~

 

My Canal Houses Cushions are featured by Annemarie's Haakblog, Sew Crafty Crochet and Eye Love Knots

 


 

Comments

  1. I love these #alittlebitofeverything@_karendenniz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make these for any holiday by changing the color. Great idea! The #HomeMattersParty is back this week and I look forward to seeing what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you make the scrunchy do you turn to begin another round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, scrunchies are worked in a round.

      Delete
  4. Wow, superb blog layout! Magnificent, let alone the content

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for supplying this information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good blog always contains new and exciting information, and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such great knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp