The Pusheen Cake

Besides the Pusheen pinata I showed you last week, that I made for the birthday party for my now 10 years old daughter, I made a Pusheen cake. Didn't come off very well, but I'm used to that when it comes to decorating cakes and such. It's just not something I'm very good at. Sometimes I have a lucky shot, but most of the time it's below mediocre.

For this cake I used white chocolate for dripping, but after melting it with a bit whipped cream to make better drippings it didn't solidify enough, so all decoration I put on the cake afterwards slided of the round the edges of the cake. Things like this happen all the time when I'm decorating cakes. No problem at all, I almost expect it, so I'm not really disappointed. Just happy about everything that dรณes look good on the cake, haha! 

But, on the other hand, if you have tips about solidifying white chocolate, then please tell me.




~*~

The Confetti Hair Bows I made a while ago were featured by Threading My Way this week!

 
Thank you, Pam! 

And the Birthday Invitations I made last month for my daughter's birthday party, were featured by God's Growing Garden


Thanks, Angie!

Aaaand..., my Star Blanket was featured by Pattern Paradise


Thank you very much!

Comments

  1. This cake is so cute and colorful! Cake decorating can be very rewarding or frustrating and I've been on both ends. When I melt white chocolate I do it in a double boiler or a melting pot. If it's too thick I add a teaspoon of shortening at a time until it reaches the right consistency. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your daughter loved the cake, even though it didn't turn out perfect. You're brave to even try something like that - I never have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cake looks gorgeous! What a lovely labour of love. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake is lovely, the overall impression is great and I bet it tasted wonderful.
    I avoid chocolate for cake decorating if possible, the number of times I've tried to pipe with it only to have it solidify in the piping bag! I say just find a different ingredient if you can that is easier to work with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that your cake looks beautiful with all these colors! Nothing else matters :)

    Thank you for linking up at Sweet Inspiration Link Party :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great! I don't do well with cakes either but yours definitely beats any of mine. Thank you for sharing with us at Designing You!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp