Giant Heart Tompouce

Just in time to show you the XXL Tompouce that I made with my daughter  for her fiance. Mind you, my daughter is just nine, same age as her boyfriend. They know each other from the day-care center, where they were going to as babies and toddlers. They're in the same class nowadays. My daughter claims they were in love even when they were babies and when I look at pictures of that time they were always sitting next to each other, indeed. So I guess it's the truth. True love. 



We cut two hearts out of puff pastry and baked both hearts for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
In a bowl we mixed two parts mascarpone and one part whipped cream together with vanilla sugar and a couple of drops red food coloring for the cream between the puff pastry layers.
In another bowl we melted marshmellows (50 seconds on the highest) and stirred a couple of drops of red food coloring through it and smeared it over the upper layer. 
Then we cut some strawberries in little slices, so they looked like a heart, en decorated the marshmellow icing with it. 

Not much work at all, but my daughter couldn't wait to give it to her fiance. That beaming face of her when she gave it...

Comments

  1. This is really clever! I didn't know that you could shape puff pastry. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too cute......and love the results. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future, you never know! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Air Mail