Pyrographied Charcuterie Board

 Every now and then I make some piece of clothing, mostly for my daughters. The finishing touch for me is to sew on the leather label with my name. I order the custom made labels on line, but find them quite expensive, so I am looking for an alternative for a while now and thought about pyrography. So I ordered a pyrography pen, that arrived yesterday. The only thing I have to find now is inexpensive leather to cut little labels from. To practice a bit, I tried my best on this charcuterie board, that I already had. 

Not that bad, for a first attempt, but I will use another wood variety next time. This board is made of bamboo and I guess pine will do better because of its softer consistency.


 


 ~*~

My Apple Sauce with Fresh Ginger & Pumpkin Spices was featured by All Things Kitchen!

 


 



 

Comments

  1. That turned out great! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, that is gorgeous. Now I want a pyrography pen. I love the idea of writing and drawing on wood and leather too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the TFT party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'll be featuring this at the Thursday Favorite Things party tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  3. Check out Torch Paste. You can use it with your stencils and a heat gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watched some youtube videos. Great tip! Thank you very much!

      Delete
  4. If you have a shoe making factory nearby, they sometimes sell bags of off-cuts of leather very cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shoe making factories nearby, unfortunately, but thank you for the tip!

      Delete
  5. Amazing for a first attempt! I would've never know if you didn't tell me! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! I have a tool sitting in a drawer, unused, that I bought on a whim. My son just shared a charcuterie board he prepared and this is perfect inspiration for a customized Christmas gift for him. Never too early right?! Featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Liz! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz, I thought I had returned a comment for your charcuterie board but guess I didn't (must have seen your message through WP, instead)... Anyway, I DID feature your post at last week's (#302) Share Your Style for you. I love how this is a new technique for wood burning!!

    Enjoy your pretty new board,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Air Mail