Made It #1

Finally everything is back to normal; husband to work, children to school. The days I'm normally off from work, the house is mine and mine alone again. I can clean, bake, crochet, whatever I want without people getting in my way or making a mess of what I just cleaned up.

So this is also the week I can pick up the Made It item on my blog again. I pinned lots of recipes on my Pinterest boards through the years, but never made anything from it, so I set it as a goal to try one recipe per week to reduce the overload.

First one of the year is this Stroopwafel Cake (find the original recipe here), stroopwafel being a dutch treat made of two thin waffles with cane sugar syrup between it. 



Instead of the ingredients in the recipe I used an instant cake mix (only add butter, eggs and a bit of milk). I teared the stroopwafels to pieces and mixed half of it through the batter. After baking the cake I put the rest of the waffles on top of the cake and fixed them with sugar cane syrup. 

~*~

Next week: French Onion Soup!
 

Comments

  1. This looks so good, and seems like a quick and easy dessert! I would love you to share this on Smell Good Sunday https://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2018/01/smell-good-sunday-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one good looking cake I'd love to try! But how about a bite first? Mmm, I'd love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I could easily make this gluten/dairy/nut free too (lots of allergies in my family - but I know where to buy allergie safe stroopwafels). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family love Stroopwafels so I know they would love this cake! Your version looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party, Liz. I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Here in the UK we all found out what stroopwaflel was back in the summer when the contestants on The Great British Bake off had to make them (They all really stuggled!) This cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp