In the last months I saw him on social media regularly: the Plague Doctor, often accompanied by the words 'Wash Your Hands'. I doubt that plague doctors ever said that, because in their time running water wasn't available for everyone. Besides: people didn't know about bacteria and viruses back in the days, so washing your hands wasn't common use. People knew you could get sick by having contact with another sick person, though. The plague doctor wore a leather gown, a mask with glass sight holes and a beak that was stuffed with flowers and herbs to hide the stench of reeking wounds, all to protect him from contamination by sick people.The long stick was for poking people to see if they had the plague and if they were still alive. In a way his gear looks like what we are still wearing nowadays when we have contact with people that are infected by dangerous contagious diseases. In my hospital we wear protecting gowns, special masks and goggles and glo...
~With my husband I started this little collaboration to make a Haunted Doll House for our daughters. My husband makes the house and I make all the spooky dolls. For the patterns I used the little book 'Amigurumi en Monsters' by Tessa van Riet (only in Dutch, unfortunately)~ In the Haunted Doll House it's always Halloween, so what about a Jack-o-Lantern? www.betweennapsontheporch.net
In just a couple of days we will take off to Sicily. I hope temperatures will be a bit better than here, because it's rather cold around here. When summer approaches I always feel like making hippie-like clothes (very convenient when you like to crochet). Today I made bare foot sandals, so hope there will be at least one day we can go to the beach. Update: for you people who were expecting to see a picture of bare feet and crocheted sandals, I hope you weren't that disappointed. A couple of days before we left for Sicily my laptop broke down, so I couldn't post pictures, text, nothing. Hope you're still with me, because today, tadaaaaah, I'm back in business! With the picture! www.betweennapsontheporch.net ~*~ My Triangle Shawl was featured by Oombawka Design ! Thank you so much, Rhondda!
I love this wall hanging! I am tempted to make this now even though I have a lot on the go lol Lovely knitting and idea
ReplyDeleteLisa
What a lovely wall hanging, another project for the old 'to do' list!
ReplyDeleteNeat! That green is perfect.
ReplyDelete